Hamilton Hockey Fans, there will be a rally on the Jackson Square Promenade roof level on Friday, June 19, from noon until 1:30 p.m.! Show up and show your support for bringing the NHL to Hamilton!
Auchmar, built between 1852 and 1854 on a private estate on the Hamilton Mountain, bears the proud distinction of being the home of prominent Hamiltonian The Honourable Isaac Buchanan, whose contributions to local, provincial, and national history include:
- founding of the regiment that is now the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry
- establishing the Toronto and Hamilton Boards of Trade
- the first presidency of the Hamilton Club
- rescuing the city of Hamilton from bankruptcy after the economic collapse of 1857
- leadership in the Hamilton Educational Movement, which pressed for improvements in the city's school system.
This site is a work in progress. Keep checking back often and if you have something to contribute, e-mail us.
NEWS FLASH: Isaac Buchanan is being inducted into the
Early Auchmar photo with Isaac and Agnes Buchanan (inset)
Last updated June 9, 2012
All content copyright © Ecklund Marketing Group unless otherwise noted.