- Testimonal to the Honourable Isaac Buchanan which appeared in the Hamilton Times for March 3, 1876.
- Ship's manifest for the ship George Canning, which brought Isaac Buchanan from Liverpool to New York in April 1830.
- Globe and Mail Ad for Isaac Buchanan and Co's Spring Shipments of Dry Goods
April 26, 1844
- Globe and Mail Ad for Isaac Buchanan and Co's Fall and Winter Goods
August 26, 1844
- Ship's Manifests for goods imported by Isaac Buchanan and Co.
September 23, 1845
- 1851 England census taken when the Buchanans were residing at 5 Vernon Place, Birkenhead (on the west bank of the river Mersey, opposite Liverpool.)
- Act to Incorporate Hamilton College (1st Session, 4th Parliament, 16 Victoria, 1853) Received and read for the first time Tuesday, April 19, 1853. Second reading Friday April 22, 1853.
- To the Shareholders in Great Britain of the Great Western Railway of Canada (2 MB pdf)
Hamilton, 14th August 1856
- Letters illustrative of the present position of politics in Canada, written on the occasion of the political convention, which met at Toronto, on 9th Nov., 1859
(1.66 MB pdf)
- Bill: an act to consolidate the debt of the city of Hamilton (670 k pdf)
Recieved and read, first time, Monday, 7th September, 1863. Second reading, Wednesday, 9th September, 1863. Isaac Buchanan is mentioned as a Trustee on p.5
- Our Battalion Organization Should not Be As Volunteers But As A Militia Active Force (2.5 MB pdf)
Hamilton, 20th November 1863
- No Confederation possible without a Confederate Patriotic Policy (574 k pdf)
Hamilton, 24th October, 1877
- Pen and Pencil Sketches of Wentworth Landmarks : A series of articles descriptive of quaint places and interesting localities in the surrounding county. Printed in 1897 by Hamilton Spectator Printing Co, Mrs. Dick-Lauder (Author)(1.6 MB pdf)